The future of lighting is LED (Light emitting diodes) here are some of the benefits of using LED:
Benefits of using LED bulb:
- LED bulb consumes less power – A 5 watts LED bulb produces as much light as 11 watts CFL or 40 watts traditional incandescent bulb and uses half the electricity as compared to a CFL. Thus resulting in lower electricity bills.
- LED bulb lasts up to 10 times longer than a CFL
- LED bulb does not contains mercury– Compared to CFL which contains a small amount of mercury and should be disposed off in a proper manner , LED does not contain mercury or any heavy metal. Thus can be easily disposed off with regular waste.
- LED does not emit UV light -If your precious art object or painting is placed under CFL then it might get damaged due to UV light produced from a CFL. LED bulbs on the other hand do not produce any UV light.
- LED best suited for on & off cycle – CFL’s are not suited for outdoor and motion sensor light as frequent on and off cycle reduces the life of the CFL. LED on the other hand is unaffected by the on & off cycle, hence used in traffic lighting.
- LED bulb produces uniform and unidirectional light – Led produces uniform and unidirectional light which is easier to control and high light a focused area. Whereas CFL produces multidirectional light which cannot be easily controlled.
Image Source – myledlightingguide.com
- Time to achieve full brightness – CFL takes inordinately longer times to achieve full brightness thus making them unsuitable for garage whereas LED achieves full brightness on flick of a button. Here is the comparison chart for Incandescent Bulb Vs CFL’s Vs LED Bulb:
Image Source - designrecycleinc.com
LED brand in India:
- Philips – Click here for complete range.
- Havells – Click here for complete range.
- Bajaj – Megaman – Click here for complete range.
- Airay – Click here for complete range.
- Verbatim Mitsubishi – Click here for complete range.
- Eglo – Click here for complete range.
- Ecolite LED Lighting – Click here for complete range.
- Futuronics – Click here for complete range.
- Giolit – Click here for complete range.
- LED Bulb Brands In India
- Philips Master LED Price List
- Philips Lighting Range in India
- Vitrified Tiles Guide
- Did you know that LPG Cylinders have an expiry Date?
- Top 10 Solar Inverter Brands in India
- Solar Powered Lights in India
- Solar Table Fans in India
- Solar USB Mobile Phone and Laptop Chargers in India
- Fans with Lights in India
- sksridhar on 10 UPVC Door and Window Manufacturers in India
- guild wars 2 gold on New generation of LEDs could be brighter and more efficient
- Sanjay on Bladeless Fans in India
- Sanjay on Bladeless Fans in India
- Ratna Raju.V on BPL StudyLite LED table lamp review
- michaelmcollier on Cabinet lighting ideas – Bright and Brilliant options
- Adi on Philips LED bulb Price List in India
- Kiara on Two-cap bulb: a truly innovative design
- ashwin vora on Bladeless Fans in India
- thefightbetting on Philips to develop substitute for rare earth metals
Tagsantique fans architecture Bajaj bathroom lights Bathroom wall lights Ceiling Fans CFL CFL Lamps decorative fan Decorative Lights designer lights ecomoods economy table lamps expensive fans Floor lamps Garden Light Garden Lights Green LED home decor home lighting innovative Interior Design kitchen lights LED bulbs led lamps LED lights LED Strips LED Table Lamps lighting lighting ideas lighting tips living room lights motion sensor lights motors Multi-color LED Lamps Philips kitchen lights Philips LED Bulbs Post lamps Price List price list of motors rare earth metals study lamps table lamps under cabinet lights Usha Hunter fans